Setting your home apart from the others for sale is an excellent way to ensure it is sold for the price you want, & sold quickly! Follow these 8 steps to increase the value of your home, & give it that WOW Factor that potential buyers desire!
1) Spruce Up Your Front & Back Yards: If you’re selling in the spring or summer, sprucing up your outdoor areas can make a huge impact on the value of your home. Properties with ample weeds, over grown grass, broken fences, so on & so fourth typically don’t sell as quickly as properties with beautiful, well-kept green areas, where people can envision themselves spending their sunny days with the family. Planting colorful flowers in a tasteful manner can be the small improvement that makes your property more appealing than your neighbour who is also selling!
2) Paint: Giving your walls a fresh coat of paint can make all the difference when selling! Any scratches or dings are covered up & the whole place shines like new!
3) New Cabinet Handles: Purchasing new handles for your cabinets is an inexpensive way to transform any kitchen or bathroom. If you feel like your handles are dated, or impractical, try trading them out for something more modern!
4) Re-Caulk your Tubs & Sinks: Re-Caulking your tubs & sinks can be beneficial not only for cosmetic reasons, (a nice, new strip of caulking looks better than a discolored, deteriorated one), but also for preventative maintenance by reducing the risk of leaks.
5) Deep Clean: This is the least expensive improvement that makes a world of difference. Deep cleaning your home prior to selling & maintaining its cleanliness during showings & open houses is a crucial step on the pathway to a successful sale!
6) Purchase New Shades for Old Lamps: Lamps can get on the expensive side depending on what you’re after, but to save some money before a move, replacing the lamp shades can sometimes be a huge benefit! Changing lamp shades to a style that are perhaps more complimentary to the design of a home, or ones that allow more light through can make a huge difference in buyers first impressions.
7) Purchase New Faucets: Kitchens & bathrooms are typically the most important rooms to potential buyers. Having shiny new faucets would be a huge factor in your favour.
8) Finally, Update Carpeting: New flooring can get on the costly side, so if your carpet is in great condition, hiring a carpet cleaning company would have enough of an impact to wow your buyers. If your carpet is livable, but has stains or tears, replacing it would be your best bed. It’s a small cost in comparison to the difference it would make in value of your home.
Post Your Comment: